Alkalinity can increase your immunity and fortify your health
Bone broth is an excellent way of replenishing your electrolytes, increasing your alkalinity and supplementing your collagen intake which is essential for skin and bone health.
This recipe has been put together by Dr Anna Cabeca, the Alkaline Keto Doctor, also known as The Girlfriend Doctor. She is a best selling author and an advocate for women’s health.
An integral part of Dr Anna’s Keto-Green approach is bone broth (or for vegetarians, an alkaline broth). It is so alkalinizing, full of hormone-balancing minerals, and supportive of balanced hormones and overall health. The best part? It’s super easy to make!
Alkaline Bone Broth Recipe
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 stalks of cauliflower and or broccoli
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Optional: Add vegetable remnants from your week’s food preps. Dr Anna loves to save them from her meal prep time and saves the stems and extra leaves for her bone broth or alkaline bone broth recipe.
- Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Add water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.(Or place in pressure cooker or InstaPot and cook for 60 minutes on high.)
If you are not fasting, why not try with a slice of our Keto Bread? Or buy some ready made keto bread from Cru8 foods. Find out more about alkalinity, acidity and how to test your own urine pH here.