Even on a ketogenic or low carb diet, you can still have sweet cravings. The beauty of this easy keto jellies recipe is that the gelatine also contributes to added protein and healthy joints. These are actually really healthy sweet treats that are perfect for making with children.
All you need for the Keto Jellies Recipe is:
- Two scoops of gelatine powder (or half a cup), we recommend Great Lakes Gelatine or Planet Paleo Gelatine
- 1/2 a cup of Fruit Concentrate of your choice (or if you are not keto, 3 cups of fruit juice). We used Blueberry Concentrated Juice for this recipe as it is so low sugar.
- Stevia or Erythritol to taste
- 3 cups of water (no water necessary if you are using fruit juice)
Keto Jellies Recipe Instructions:
- Heat the juice or water in a pan and then stir in or blend the gelatine powder withe the sweetener. You need to heat the liquid so that the gelatine dissolves properly.
- Pour into the silicon moulds or a bowl to make a large bowl of jelly.
- Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Pop the jellies out of the moulds and enjoy!
This really is a ridiculously easy and healthy treat! You can get creative with adding different flavours. We also tried these with grated ginger, lemon, stevia and turmeric–the perfect immune boosting jellies!
This recipe was inspired by Dr Terry Wahl’s Protocol recipe book. She developed the Wahl’s protocol diet to cure her MS–and it is an incredibly effective protocol for any auto-immune disease as the diet optimises nutritionally dense foods that feed the brain and reduce inflammation.
Let us know your favourite keto treat recipes in the comments section below. How creative can you get?
Happy Friday! Sara x