Indulge this August with the healthiest Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
A ‘morish’ Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Coconut Ice Cream. This is a beautiful low carb treat perfect for a warm summer’s day. It is creamy, refreshing, delicious and bursting with healthy fats and antioxidants too.
💛 Strawberries are rich in antioxidants which can help to reduce oxidative stress. They are high in vitamins and minerals, high in fibre and can help lower inflammation in your body too. They are good for your skin and can improve your insulin sensitivity when combined with high carb foods.
💛 Coconut is rich in manganese which is essential for your bone health. It is high in antioxidants, healthy fats, amino acids and fibre too helping to contribute to blood sugar balance.
💛 Erythritol is a natural sweetener and can act as an antioxidant to lower inflammation. It is readily absorbed by your body and does not promote an insulin response in your body.
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients:
1 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup erythritol
2 drops of vanilla
2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup water
4 tbsps erythritol
1 cup cashew milk
2 cups coconut milk
2/3 cup erythritol
2 drops vanilla
1 tsp xanthan gum
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Method:
- Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 200C
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and whisk until light and fluffy
- Whisk in the egg, erythritol and vanilla and stir to combine
- Grease a 9×9 inch pan with coconut oil. Transfer the mixture to the pan, spreading evenly and flattening down
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 15 mins. Set aside to cool and then freeze for 2 hours to set
- Once set use a knife to cut the cheesecake into chunks ready to be swirled into your ice cream
- Strawberry swirl: add strawberries, water and erythritol to a pan and warm on a medium heat for approx 10 mins
- Use a fork to break down the strawberries a little and once softened set aside to cool
- Ice cream: in a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk until smooth, thick and creamy
- Freeze ice cream for 30 mins to set a little
- Once set remove from freezer and pour over your crumbled cheesecake base. Swirl mixture to combine
- Then pour strawberry mixture on top and swirl to combine
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Remove from freezer 15 mins before enjoying. You can even top with some Stevia Jam!
Head over to our Instagram channel to see the reels on how to make the recipe. Recipe and images created by Vinita Brand for Keto Supplements Ltd.
Let us know how your keto ice cream turns out!