Keto Pantry Essentials Explained
Succeeding on a low carb, high fat diet often depends on our ability to get organised.
Ensuring that your cupboards are replete with Keto Pantry Essentials. These are healthy fats, low carb snacks and keto baking items is essential for staying on track. So, here are our top recommended foods and supplements to keep your ketones hight and your sugar cravings low…
- Fundamentally, Mineral Salt is key to replenishing your electrolytes. Keep plenty of Himalayan, Celtic or Sea Salt to hand for adding to food as well as water to avoid dehydration, light-headedness and other ‘Keto -Flu’ symptoms.
- Saturated Fats: MCT Oil, Coconut Oil and Ghee are great additions to fat coffees and ideal for cooking as they are stable under heat.
- Cold Pressed Polyunsaturated & Monounsaturated Fats: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Avocado Oil and Chia Seed Oil for garnishing your food and ensuring that you have adequate energy on a low carb, high fat diet. It is easy to underestimate how much fat you need to add to your diet to replace the energy from carbs…don’t go hungry!
- Almond & Coconut Flours: These are ideal for avid bakers; they are the ultimate low carb substitutes for flours. Add Xanthan gum to create a gooey texture.
- Nuts & Nut butters: These make great snacks and are excellent if you are in a rush. Macadamias, Almonds & Pili Nuts are the lowest carb nuts. Also, absolutely delicious added to Protein shakes.
- Sweeteners: For when that sweet tooth strikes! Erythritol, Stevia and Xylitol are plant based sweeteners that have a minimal impact on blood sugar levels. They are great for baking, adding to desserts and making your own keto chocolates. Be aware that some sweeteners can cause GI distress or bloating so they are best consumed in small quantities.
- Super Dark Chocolate: 100% cacao Montezuma, Ombar and 99% Vivani are exquisite melted down with cream, stevia, nut butter and any other flavour you wish to add, such as mint oil, sea salt, chili, the list goes on…
- Sugar Free Condiments and Sauces: Hunter & Gather Foods create delicious vegetable oil free Mayonnaise, phenomenal avocado oil and even paleo ketchup. Use code SARAKETO10 for 10% off their site. You need not miss out on jams or chocolate spread either as Good Good create sugar free versions.
- Low Carb Protein Options: For days when you are on the go or need additional protein to support muscle recovery. We love Dr Anna Cabeca’s Keto Green Chocolate Shake, Hunter & Gather Foods’ Bovine Collagen and Nuzest’s functional protein powders.The Natural & Low Carb Kitchen have plenty of keto snacks and meals to help keep you on track. Use code KETOSARA for 10% off their products site wide.
- Konjac Noodles, Spaghetti and Rice: Courgetti and Cauliflower rice are fantastic low carb alternatives but will not keep in your pantry. Barenaked konjac noodles, rice and spaghetti are incredibly low carb and are fantastic for whipping up Thai style noodles, Bolognese and keto paella.
- Low Carb Bread & Crackers: We really, really love CRU8’s keto bread—it’s phenomenally delicious, paleo and vegan! Raw Health do fantastic low carb crackers. For CRU8, use code KETOSARA10 for 10% off their site.
There’s a bunch of ideas to keep you keto…let us know what’s in your keto pantry!
Check out some of our keto recipes here and don’t forget to use your exclusive discount codes…