Zucchini in a dessert dish sounds very weird, I agree, but this keto crumble would actually be missing something without it. The zucchini mixed in with the top crumble part of this dish next to the blackberries, cinnamon, and almond flour make it actually taste like an apple or a pear, definitely not a zucchini.
This dessert is one of my favorites! I love topping it off with whipped cream, but you could always use a sugar free ice cream instead!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Blackberry & Zucchini Crumble
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
For Crumble Topping:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon erythritol
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and peel them. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Discard the seeds.
3. Chop the zucchini into small pieces. Add the chopped zucchini into a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
4. In a bowl, combine cooked zucchini, blackberries, cinnamon, lemon juice, powdered erythritol, and cream of tartar. Mix until fully combined.
5. In another bowl, combine almond flour, erythritol, and vanilla extract. Press the butter into the other ingredients using a fork to make a crumble like consistency.
6. In an oven-safe skillet, add the blackberry zucchini filling to the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle with the crumble topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
7. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until desired consistency is reached. Top the crumble with whipped cream and enjoy warm!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Blackberry & Zucchini Crumble. Each serving comes out to be 326 calories, 27.6g fat, 8.3g net carbs, and 8.7g protein.
|4.00 medium zucchini||130||3.1||23.4||8.7||14.7||9.9|
|1.50 cup blackberries||93||1.1||20.8||11.5||9.3||3|
|2.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||13||0.1||4.2||2.8||1.4||0.2|
|2.00 tablespoon lemon juice||5||0||1.7||0.2||1.5||0.2|
|0.33 cup powdered erythritol||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon cream of tartar||15||0||3.7||0||3.7||0|
|1.50 cup almond flour||973||84||37||21.8||15.1||35.3|
|2.00 tablespoon erythritol||5||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 tablespoon butter||305||34.5||0||0||0||0.4|
|1.00 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|Per Serving (/6)||326||27.6||15.7||7.5||8.3||8.7|