This keto cinnamon bread is so moist and tender, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made in just one bowl, this quick bread is perfect for a satisfying breakfast or even dessert! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Cinnamon Bread
When it comes to comforting keto sweet bread recipes, my favorites to make are coconut flour banana bread, pumpkin bread, and this easy cinnamon bread.
I’ve always been the kind of person who craves comfort food when the weather becomes cooler. Like clockwork, my cravings switch from avocado smoothies and coconut ice cream to chewy bagels and satisfying muffins. I find myself baking more and more during this time, especially quick breads and sweet loaves. While I don’t generally play favorites, my current obsession is this cinnamon bread!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto cinnamon bread recipe for quite some time. It’s my go-to quick bread during the cooler seasons, and has become quite a hit amongst my family too! My sister loves having a slice for breakfast and my mom claims it to be the perfect addition to her peppermint mocha. I personally love it warmed up with a smear of butter, and may or may not have eaten half a loaf for dinner the other night!
No grains and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell! It’s texture is moist, slightly fluffy, and with a crunchy exterior. It’s sweet and full of cinnamon flavor, without being overpowering!
I had some friends over for brunch the other morning and served them this loaf and NO ONE believed me when I said it was low carb and gluten free- They thought it was made with white flour and sugar!
How do you make low carb cinnamon bread?
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour or superfine almond flour. Avoid using almond meal as it could make the loaf dense and gritty.
- Coconut flour– A little coconut flour makes the bread a little more cakey and tender.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used erythritol, but monk fruit sweetener and keto brown sugar can also be used.
- Cinnamon– A must for a cinnamon heavy recipe! Use Saigon cinnamon if possible, as it has the best cinnamon flavor.
- Baking powder– Gives a slight rise and leavening to the loaf.
- Salt- Use this only if you use unsalted butter.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs.
- Greek yogurt– The secret ingredient to give it extra moisture. You can also use sour cream or quark.
- Butter– Salted and softened butter. If you use unsalted butter, you will need to add the salt.
- Milk– Any milk can be used. I used unsweetened almond milk.
- Cinnamon crunch topping– A combination of cinnamon and erythritol or monk fruit sweetener. This forms the gorgeous cinnamon crunch on top!
In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Next, add the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Transfer to a loaf pan.
Now, sprinkle the top of the loaf with the cinnamon/sweetener mixture to cover it completely. Bake the loaf for around 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean and the top is golden and crunchy, Let the bread cool completely, before slicing it up.
Tips to make the best almond flour cinnamon bread
- Be very generous with the cinnamon and sweetener topping, as some of it seeps into the batter while it is cooking.
- Do not overbake the bread, as it continues to cook as it is cooling down.
- Feel free to omit the cinnamon crunch topping and replace it with some cream cheese frosting.
- For an egg free version, you will enjoy a cinnamon swirl bread.
Storing and freezing cinnamon bread
- To store: Leftover cinnamon bread should be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container or covered completely. This will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the cinnamon bread in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More easy keto quick bread recipes to try
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, until fully incorporated.
Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sweetener over the top. Bake the cinnamon bread for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean and the topping is crunchy.
Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool completely, before slicing.
TO STORE: Leftover cinnamon bread should be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container or covered completely. This will keep well for up to 1 week.
TO FREEZE: Place slices of the cinnamon bread in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 304IU | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g