This keto green smoothie is so thick and creamy, you won’t believe that it is healthy! Simple ingredients and ready in less than a minute. 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Green Smoothie
When it comes to keto smoothies, my favorite recipes to make are avocado smoothie, strawberry smoothie, and this easy green smoothie.
I’ve been making more of an effort to get more greens in my diet. It’s not that I dislike vegetables or avoid them; it’s quite the contrary. I love my vegetables and eat them with almost every meal. In fact, my favorite meals involve some cauliflower bites or cauliflower mac and cheese. Where I AM lagging in is the GREEN vegetables, and unless I make my broccoli salad, it would be rare for me to have something green consistently.
To combat this, I’ve been trying to get my greens in slightly more obscure ways. Recently, my breakfast of choice has been a smoothie. They are quick to prepare (less than 30 seconds) and can be customized with whatever produce you have on hand. While I tend to stick to fruit based smoothies, I’ve recently found myself enjoying a healthy green smoothie!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto green smoothie recipe for quite some time. It’s been a game changer for me in terms of getting my greens in. The best part is that besides the color, you’d never know there was any vegetable or leafy green in them!
No dairy and no sugar are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is thick, creamy, and perfectly blended. The smoothie is plesantly sweet, and can be customized in a plethora of ways!
Not only does it make a fantastic and filling breakfast, but this smoothie has also been a savior post workout too! I may attribute it to my recent muscle gain…
How do you make a low carb green smoothie?
- Coconut milk– Unsweetened coconut milk, either from a carton or from a can.
- Spinach– I prefer using baby spinach, but English spinach can also be used.
- Avocado– Adds extra thickness and healthy fats to the smoothie, without any extra carbs.
- Sugar free maple syrup– A fantastic keto way to add sweetness. I used homemade keto maple syrup.
- Ice– Gives the smoothie the thick and creamy texture.
Start by adding all your ingredients, except for the ice, into a high speed blender. Blend very well, until smooth and combined. Next, add the ice and blend again until thick and creamy. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Tips to make the best green smoothie
- If you’d like a richer smoothie, you can replace some of the milk with heavy cream.
- Feel free to use other leafy greens, like kale, arugula, and baby spinach.
- For a sweeter and thicker smoothie, swap out the ice for frozen low carb fruit, like strawberries and blueberries.
Storing and freezing smoothies
- To store: Green smoothies are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to thoroughly mix it before drinking.
- To freeze: Pour the smoothie into either an ice cube tray or a shallow container, and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to drink, simply place the frozen cubes into a blender and blend until smooth.
More low carb smoothie recipes to try
- 1 cup coconut milk can use unsweetened almond milk * See notes
- 1 cup spinach baby or English
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup keto maple syrup ** See notes
- 1 cup ice
In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients, except for the ice. Blend until combined. Add the ice and blend once more, until thick and creamy.
Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy. 1
** Taste the smoothie. If you need more sweetness, add 1-2 extra tablespoons.
TO STORE: Green smoothies are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to thoroughly mix it before drinking.
TO FREEZE: Pour the smoothie into either an ice cube tray or a shallow container, and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to drink, simply place the frozen cubes into a blender and blend until smooth.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 777IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g