These keto parmesan crisps are so crispy and crunchy, you won’t believe they are low carb! Made with just 1 ingredient, they take less than 5 minutes to make! Less than 1 gram net carbs per serving.
Keto Parmesan Crisps
When it comes to salty keto snacks, my favorite recipes to make are tortilla chips, crackers, and these keto parmesan crisps.
I’ve always been a snacker ever since I can remember. Growing up, my mom would pack extra snacks in my lunchbox and if I had my way, family dinners would be made up of chips, crackers, and dips. While I did love some chocolate or candy, my favorite snacks have always been the savory kind.
While my mom used to buy the standard crackers and chips to keep in our cupboards, she also loved to make things from scratch. If she wasn’t wasn’t making savory muffins or homemade potato chips, she’d be whipping up a bunch of parmesan chips!
What are parmesan crisps?
Parmesan crisps are portions of freshly grated parmesan cheese that have been baked until crispy and golden brown. They need just one ingredient and are extremely versatile.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto parmesan crisps recipe for quite some time. They were the very first thing I EVER made since going keto. I was inspired by my cheese chips, but wanted something with even more crunch!
Made with just one ingredient, they take minutes to make! The texture is light, crispy, and extremely crunchy. They are salty, savory, and full of cheesy flavor!
I’ve got a bunch of entertaining to do in the coming months and I guarantee you these will be made on repeat- They are perfect for both keto and non-keto followers!
How do you make keto parmesan crisps?
- Parmesan cheese– You must use freshly grated parmesan cheese. Pre-grated parmesan cheese or powdered cheese will not have the same results.
- Spices of choice– Optional, but add some kick with black pepper or cayenne pepper!
Start by placing heaping tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the crisps cool on the pan completely, before enjoying.
Can I make these in the microwave?
While I prefer to use the oven to bake these crisps, they can be made in the microwave.
Place mounds of the cheese on a greased plate and microwave for 30-40 seconds, until set. Let them cool completely before removing them from the plate.
Tips to make the best parmesan cheese crisps
- Do not use pre-grated parmesan cheese. These often contain additives and fillers to ensure they don’t stick together which defeats the purpose of them holding their shape.
- For thicker crisps, replace half the parmesan cheese with cheddar cheese.
- Let the crisps cool on the pan completely, or else you risk them breaking apart.
- Feel free to add your favorite spices or herbs for added flavor. Dried basil, rosemary, and coriander are all fantastic options.
What do you eat with parmesan crisps?
- Salads– Use these crisps as a low carb alternative to croutons in salads.
- Charcuterie board– Add these to your charcuterie board, along with crudites, olives, and cheeses.
- Soups– Amp up the flavor of your favorite soups and sprinkle crushed up crisps on top.
- Dips– The ultimate pairing! Serve with mild flavored dips, like cauliflower hummus or ranch.
Storing and freezing low carb parmesan crisps
- To store: Crisps can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container. They will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure there are no air pockets throughout, or else the crisps will soften.
More crunchy keto snacks to try
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place heaping tablespoons of the shredded parmesan cheese onto the lined sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove the crisps from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet completely.
TO FREEZE: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure there are no air pockets throughout, or else the crisps will soften.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 12mg | Vitamin A: 98IU | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 1g