These keto pumpkin cookies are perfectly soft and chewy, and need just 5 ingredients to make! NO baking is required, they come together in 5 minutes and have less than 2 grams net carbs per serving!
Whenever fall comes around, I love whipping up plenty of keto desserts. See, pumpkin is considered a keto friendly food, as it is high in fiber and has very few net carbs!
I love using pumpkin for some keto pumpkin pie or a slice of keto pumpkin bread but whenever I feel like giving my oven a rest, there is nothing better than no bake pumpkin cookies.
Why this keto pumpkin cookie recipe will be your new favorite-
- No baking required! This is a simple no bake dessert that comes together in less than five minutes.
- It’s got no dairy or sugar, which is super rare for low carb dessert. Instead, it uses keto maple syrup to sweetened them!
- It is made with real pumpkin puree- none of that pumpkin pie filling that everyone else uses! Bonus? Using pumpkin replaces the need for any oil or butter.
- 5 ingredients is all you need, so there is no excuse not to make them.
What I love about these pumpkin cookies is that they are secretly healthy- They make the perfect sweet treat to enjoy between meals or something after dinner.
How to make keto pumpkin cookies
- Peanut Butter– Smooth and drippy sugar free peanut butter. Avoid using crunchy or all natural peanut butter, as they tend to have a thicker texture.
- Sugar free maple syrup– Keto maple syrup, not sugar free pancake syrup. This adds sweetness, but also holds the cookies together.
- Coconut flour– The secret ingredient that gives the cookies the thick, cakey texture.
- Pumpkin puree– I used homemade pumpkin puree, as it is so fast and easy to do, and tastes better than the canned stuff! If you prefer the canned pumpkin, be sure to use unsweetened pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- Pumpkin pie spice– A must for any pumpkin recipe!
Start by microwaving together the peanut butter and syrup and whisk until combined. Add the coconut flour, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until a thick batter remains.
Now, using your hands, form 12 balls with the dough and place them on a lined plate or baking sheet. Press down on each ball into a cookie shape and refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up.
Storing and freezing tips
- To store: No bake pumpkin cookies should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Wrap each cookie in parchment paper and store in a ziplock bag or shallow container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a peanut allergy or don’t like the taste of peanut butter, you can use almond butter, cashew butter, tahini, or sunflower seed butter. Be sure to use one that is smooth/drippy in texture.
Pumpkin pie spice is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. It’s used in pumpkin desserts to give them an extra layer of flavor. You can easily skip the expensive pre-made spice mix and make your own!
To make, combined 6 tablespoons cinnamon, 4 teaspoons nutmeg, 4 teaspoons ginger, 2 teaspoons allspice, and 2 teaspoons cloves and mix together. Use them in pumpkin desserts like pie, cheesecake, and bread.
While coconut flour is preferred, you can substitute it with either almond flour or oat flour, provided you double the amount you use. Coconut flour is far more absorbent than other flours, and the proportions need to be amended to reflect that.
In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat up your peanut butter with your maple syrup until warm. Whisk together until combined.
Add the rest of your ingredients and mix very well, until a thick, firm batter remains. If the batter is too thin, add some extra coconut flour.
Using your hands, form small balls of dough and place on a lined plate. Press each ball into a cookie shape and cross each one with a fork. Refrigerate until firm.
TO STORE: No bake pumpkin cookies should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 weeks.
TO FREEZE: Wrap each cookie in parchment paper and store them in a ziplock bag or shallow container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g