These keto pumpkin muffins are super moist and need just 6 ingredients to make! No flour and no dairy are needed, they are made in just one bowl! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Pumpkin Muffins
When it comes to keto fall recipes, my favorites to make are pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and these easy pumpkin muffins.
Why this keto pumpkin muffin recipe will be your favorite fall recipe-
- 6 Ingredients! Seriously count them yourself. 5 ingredients. I dare you to find an easier muffin recipe than this.
- NO flour. Not only are there minimal ingredients, but none of them are flour. NADA. No coconut flour and no almond flour are needed.
- Extra moist. Unlike other pumpkin muffins, these ones are super moist and almost fudgy in the middle. If you are after fluffy and tender muffins, you’d be better off making almond flour muffins.
- One bowl! No fancy kitchen gadgets or multiple mixing bowls needed- Just one.
The texture of these muffins is super moist and soft in the middle with a light crumb. They are sweet and full of pumpkin flavor, and with bits of chocolate throughout (if you choose to use them)!
With Fall right around the corner, these muffins are the perfect baked good to enter the season, and one you’ll make over and over again!
What you need to make keto pumpkin muffins
Here is everything you’ll need to make this recipe-
- Pumpkin puree– 100% unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Skip the canned variety and make your own!
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter with no added sugar. You can also use almond butter or cashew butter, again, of the smooth variety.
- Keto maple syrup– Keeps the muffins super moist and also helps sweeten them. Do yourself a favor and try a homemade keto maple syrup.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs.
- Apple cider vinegar– Reacts with the baking soda to help them hold their shape.
- Baking soda– Gives a little stability to the muffins.
- Pumpkin pie spice– Optional, but feel free to add some of these spices in if you’d like a more intense pumpkin flavor.
- Keto chocolate chips– Optional, but any good muffin needs some chocolate chips folded through them.
How do you make low carb pumpkin muffins?
Start by adding all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, to a large mixing bowl. Mix together until combined and smooth. If using chocolate chips, fold them through at the end.
Next, transfer the muffin batter amongst a 12-count muffin tin lined with muffin liners. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until firm around the edges. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool completely, before removing them from the muffin tin.
Tips to make the best pumpkin muffins
- Do not overbake the muffins as they continue cooking as they are cooling down.
- Avoid overmixing the batter as it can affect the overall texture of the muffins. A common result of overmixing is the baked muffins will sink in the middle as they are cooling down. Don’t fret though, as they will still be delicious!
- Feel free to switch out the chocolate chips for pumpkin seeds or a simple dusting of keto powdered sugar.
Storing and freezing muffins
- To store: Muffins should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto muffin recipes to try
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and whisk together until smooth. If using chocolate chips, fold them through at the end.
Evenly distribute the muffin batter amongst the muffin liners. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the pan completely, before serving. If desired, sift keto powdered sugar on top.
TO FREEZE: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 2429IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 3g