This keto whipped coffee is a combination of espresso and sweetener all served over your favorite milk! Made without instant coffee, it’s the best and most delicious version yet! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Whipped Coffee
When it comes to viral Tiktok recipes, my favorites to make are cookie cereal, cloud bread, and this keto whipped coffee.
As someone who spends plenty of time on social media, TikTok is a more recent obsession. While people use the app for humour, serious issues, or some fabulous dances, there are plenty of recipe gems on there too. One of my favorites is the famous whipped coffee.
What is Dalgona coffee?
Dalgona coffee is the viral TikTok coffee that involves whipping sugar and instant coffee together to create an almost meringue-like texture. It’s scooped over milk to create the ultimate coffee beverage.
Unlike other whipped coffees, this one is a little different. It doesn’t use instant coffee and frankly, is perfect for those who appreciate a good coffee (or don’t have instant coffee on hand!). I promise I’m not a coffee snob but using espresso or brewed coffee takes it up a notch and you’ll never go back!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto whipped coffee recipe for quite some time. It’s the perfect combination of rich, dark, sweet, and fluffy in one. It takes minutes to make and is perfectly served hot or cold! Now, this coffee may look incredibly fancy but I promise you, it is so easy to make!
No sugar and no dairy are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the topping is light, fluffy, and airy. The whipped coffee is dark and sweet and meshes perfectly with the milk.
My sister came over for coffee the other day and I decided to be extra and make us these whipped coffees and she could NOT believe a simple combination of coffee and sweetener could create something so fluffy!
How to make whipped coffee without instant coffee
- Espresso OR brewed coffee– Regardless of which one you use, it must be hot. If you prefer a stronger coffee, go for the espresso.
- Sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but erythritol and monk fruit sweetener can also be used.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any low carb milk will work.
In a large mixing bowl, add the hot coffee and sweetener and whisk until the sweetener has dissolved. Next, use a hand mixer or stick mixer, beat the liquid. Continue beating the mixture until it forms soft peaks and achieves a meringue-like texture.
Now, add your milk to glasses. Spoon the whipped mixture over the top and serve immediately.
Tips to make the best instant keto coffee
- Depending on what kind of hand mixer you use, it could take up to 10-12 minutes to achieve the fluffy and whipped texture. Don’t fret if it takes longer, as this is expected.
- Do not use hot milk, as it will dissolve the whipped topping once it is added on top.
- If you can’t tolerate caffeine, you can use decaf (decaffeinated) coffee. If you go this route, brewed or instant coffee would be the best for this.
While the orginal whipped coffee tastes delicious on its own, here are some fun flavors for some variety!
- Matcha– Add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder to the milk before adding the whipped coffee on top.
- Dirty chai– Seep a chai tea bag in the milk for 10 minutes, to infuse the flavors.
- Peppermint mocha– Replace the milk with a peppermint mocha.
- Pumpkin spice– Add 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix into the milk and for a more intense flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon to the whipped topping.
- Boozy– Add 1 standard shot (1.5 ounces) of Bailey’s Irish cream or Kahlua to the milk.
More keto coffee recipes to try
In a large mixing bowl, combine your hot coffee with sweetener and mix well.
Using a hand or stick mixer, beat the coffee until it begins to form soft peaks and you achieve a meringue-like texture.
Pour your warm or chilled milk into two glasses. Carefully scoop out the whipped coffee topping into the two glasses and serve immediately. 1
See the body of the post for some fun flavor variations.
* Your coffee must be hot and be 60 mls (2 oz).
** I used allulose, but erythritol or monk fruit sweetener can be used.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g