Light & Fluffy Keto Loaf Recipe
Something between a Savoury and Sweet Loaf; it’s not as dense as your usual keto loaf and actually quite light like a cake, yet has the delicious creamy crunch from the pili nuts. A happy accident!
Well, I love Pili Nuts! They are the creamiest most delicious nuts that are incredibly high fat and perfect for a ketogenic or low carb diet.
This delicious loaf doesn’t actually take that long in preparation time, just 5-10 minutes. You will need to leave it baking for at least 60-80 minutes.
Makes approximately 12-16 slices—depending on how thickly you slice it!
Preparation time: 10 minutes, Baking time: 80 minutes
Keto Loaf Recipe Ingredients:
3 tbsp psyllium husk
150ml Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil of Extra Virgin Olive Oil—I used the award winning @hunterandgatherfoods avocado oil—it’s exquisite!
35g Pili Nuts—I love @rawandwild ‘s Turmeric and Ginger flavour.
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 small apple, cored.
2 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp pink salt
3 tablespoons coconut flour @thegroovyfoodcompany
2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1tbsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp allspice powder—this is optional, I just wanted to create a warm, subtly sweet flavour.
Keto Loaf Recipe Instructions
1. Set the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tray with parchment paper.
2. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender, except the eggs and pili nuts.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl until fluffy and stir in the pili nuts.
4. Pour the blended ingredients into the bowl with the eggs and stir until fully combined.
5. If the mixture seems too thick, add 2-3 tbsp of water or nut milk, but you do want a thick, well combined consistency. It should not be watery or too liquid.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking loaf and use a spatula or the flat edge of a knife to evenly distribute the mixture.
7. Sprinkle over some mixed herbs.
8. Cover the loaf tin with kitchen foil and bake in middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and drop the oven temperature down to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for another 50-60 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and pierce the bread with a skewer or knife, if it comes out clean then the bread is baked. If not, then return the loaf to the oven for another 10 minutes.
11. Allow to cool and serve.
Serve with a dollop of cream and some @skinnyfoodco sugar free jam…too much deliciousness!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Tag photos of your keto bread creations with me @sara.j.aguilar or over @ketosupplements on Instagram.