Protein Packed Margherita Pizza: A Low Carb Pizza Recipe
Curb your carb cravings with this easy, healthily delicious low carb pizza recipe. The one thing you can crave on a low carb diet is pizza. This high protein pizza base is an excellent substitute for a takeaway pizza, far healthier and just perfect for family dinners and sleepover parties for the kids.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 80 minutes
Low Carb Pizza Recipe Ingredients:
500g ground chicken or 500g turkey mince
300g grated parmesan or equivalent hard cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
50g baby spinach leaves
1 tsp vegetable stock (Bouillon or Kallo)
200g grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp chili powder
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
100g of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp of butter
Dash of balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil for serving
Low Carb Pizza Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius
- Using a large bowl, mix ground chicken or turkey, parmesan cheese and seasoning
- Add in and mix in the spinach leaves
- Line an oven tray or pizza tray with baking paper and press the chicken/turkey mixture into even thin layer
- Bake for 20 minutes
- While the pizza base is baking, in a hot pan, fry the garlic in butter until golden brown, then stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, dried oregano, sun-dried tomato paste and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Gently simmer over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- After the pizza base has been in the over for 20 minutes, remove it and top with the tomato, chili and garlic sauce from the pan. Then layer over the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and brown and garnish with torn basil leaves and olive oil.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving; the cooler the pizza, the crunchier the base!
Prepare and cook pizza bases in advance. Store them in the freezer for one to two months. Simply defrost, add toppings and bake or grill when you are ready to eat. This is fast, healthy food!
Make more than one base at a time and freeze. Then you can easily defrost, add a topping and bake for quick school night dinners.
Try alternative pizza toppings
For example, you could have a prosciutto, rocket and mozzarella topped pizza; an avocado, bacon and fried egg pizza; a sliced aubergine, courgette and red pepper with feta cheese pizza; an anchovies, black
Explore more of our low carb and keto recipes here.