Are you looking for simple and tasty keto-friendly recipes that your whole family will enjoy?
Then you’ll want to save this scrumptious pork chop recipe…
You can prepare these juicy pork chops in 30 minutes. So they are the perfect meal when you have to get dinner on the table fast.
If you are looking for more Easy Keto dinner recipes:
Then try our –
Ranch pork chops
The delicious side dishes – broccoli salad, stuffed mushrooms, and sesame kale. All quick to make.
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through these links. This is at no additional cost to you and helps me to create this content.
The recipe serves 4 and the macros for one serving is as follows…
These are estimates and will depend on the size of your chops and how much butter and spices you use. Always double check with a tool like MyFitnesssPal.
Pork chops can be dry, that is why I love how juicy and tasty these chops are.
It must be the butter and the beef broth. ?
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 on-the-bone pork chops
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced shallot
- ¾ cup of organic beef bone broth
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy-duty skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and allow to warm.
- Add the minced shallot. Fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes whilst occasionally stirring until it is soft and has a light brown color.
- Add the seasoned pork chops to the hot skillet and brown each side for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once browned, transfer the chops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the beef broth to the skillet and use a scapula to gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and then return the browned chops to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes until the chops are cooked through.
- Transfer the chops to a serving plate and cover them.
- Add the butter to the skillet and whisk to combine it with the remaining liquid in the pan. Cook over low heat for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove the sauce from heat and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, spoon the buttery sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Pair with your choice of sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1.6gNet Carbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0gProtein: 42g
Nutritional information can vary depending on the specific ingredients you use. Always double-check with a carb calculator like MyFitnessPal.
Tips to Cook the Perfect Pork Chop
These pork chops are tender. It is partly because of the butter and broth.
They are also somewhat thick. If you want tender pork chops buy the thicker cuts. I don’t like them too thick, but I always go for at least a medium cut.
So the right cut is the first step to a delicious tender pork chop. The next step is to make sure that you sear them properly.
Then round of your cooking by cooking them in butter and broth.
No matter how well you cook them, if you over cook them, they will probably still turn out to be tough.
I don’t like rare pork, so I sometimes over cook them a bit because I don’t want them raw.
So, you’ll have to experiment to get to the perfect point where your pork chop is cooked through, but not over cooked.
I prefer to cook pork chops with butter, but ghee is also a good and tasty option, especially if you are trying to cut dairy out of your diet.
Want to know more about the best ghee for keto? Then check out our ghee review.
Or if you want to know more about the benefits of ghee and whether it is keto, then read our article –
Is Ghee Keto Friendly?
Don’t Forget to Share or Pin it to Save for Later!
What about You? How do you cook your pork chops to make sure that they are tender?
If you want more keto-friendly recipes, scroll through our recipes section. You’ll find lots of easy and delicious recipes.
If you are looking for more than recipes, then maybe you want to check out Vicky and Rami from TasteAholics.com’s custom meal plans.
They offer a 7-day trial…