Creamy and rich hot cocoa does not have to be a thing of the past. Thanks to Further Food Chocolate Collagen Peptides makes the best instant keto hot chocolate! Full of healthy fat, high in protein, and only 2 net carbs per cup of velvety keto hot chocolate!
This post is sponsored by Further Food. All opinions and recipes are my own.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
KIDDING! I’m kidding! Its still 90 degrees here in Kentucky. Ha!
But, that doesn’t mean I can’t start dreaming of cooler weather and practicing recipes for my favorite winter treats!
Some of you may know that I live in Kentucky but many of you may not know that we’re at the very tippy top of the state, right below the Ohio River. We’re basically in the suburbs of Cincinnati, only in the South by the skin of our teeth. (The Ohio River is the Mason Dixon line in case you forgot)
Every Christmas, we have this tradition of crossing the river to see Santa, ice skate on the square, then walking around looking at the Christmas decorations while we warm up with our favorite Graeter’s hot chocolate!
It’s something we look forward to each Christmas but in the last couple of years, my husband and I have skipped the hot cocoa part since we gave up sugar.
But y’all, I’m writing this blog post today because I have made the best keto hot chocolate! Honestly, it rivals Starbucks, Graeter’s, Williams Sonoma…all of the good ones!
It’s no surprise that my favorite Further Food Chocolate Collagen plays the main role in this easy keto hot chocolate recipe!
This Really is the Best Keto Hot Chocolate
And here’s why:
- Rich, creamy, sweet drinking chocolate free of additives, sugar, or preservatives
- No sauce pan or whisk required
- Kids love it
- Dairy free option when you omit the heavy cream
Making Your Instant Keto Hot Chocolate
Did you watch the video and see how simple this sugar free instant hot cocoa is?!
You’ll notice that I didn’t whisk this slowly over the stovetop but instead, used my favorite countertop milk frother!
I absolutely love this little frother. It is less than $40 and will froth your cream or steam your milk in a matter of seconds!
This little gadget makes this hot cocoa in an instant, hence the name!
If you don’t have a milk frother, or do not want one, you can certainly make this keto hot cocoa on the stovetop. Just add everything to a sauce pan and whisk continuously on medium low until everything is mixed and hot (about 10 minutes)!
Why Use Further Food Chocolate Collagen Instead of Cocoa Powder?
- Further Food Chocolate Collagen Peptides pack 18g of protein in one cup of this cocoa
- Reishi mushroom powder (in the collagen mix) are a natural relaxant
- All of the benefits of collagen in a sweet treat
- Helps with joints, inflammation, bones, and muscle repair
- Heals leaky gut
- Reduces wrinkle and replenishes skin’s natural collagen
Personalize Your Keto Hot Cocoa
One of my favorite flavor combinations in the entire world is chocolate + raspberry! Have you ever had a raspberry hot chocolate? it’s divine!
If you’re in the mood for a little something extra, add a little of peppermint extract or sugar free raspberry syrup to your keto cocoa! It’ll be better than Starbucks and a heckuva lot cheaper!
Now this Christmas, when my family heads on out to keep our traditions, I can take a thermos full of this keto hot chocolate and enjoy a warm treat with them!
- 6 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 ounces heavy cream (omit for dairy free)
- 2 scoops Further Food Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make sure the heating attachment is in place in the frother.
- Add all ingredients to the frother. Place the lid on tight. Push the “on button” and allow cocoa to mix.
- Add the hot cocoa to a mug. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
To make on the stovetop: add all ingredients to a sauce pan. Over medium low heat, whisk continuously until everything is smooth and hot, about 10 minutes.
The microwave is not recommended.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 338Total Fat: 24.6gCarbohydrates: 5.2gNet Carbohydrates: 2.2gFiber: 3gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 20.2g